Wierd things happen when coming out of screensaver with mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinist

Hi, I hope someone can help me with a small but annoying problem. When my pc is in screensaver mode and i wake it up with the mouse it will shut off my browseror any other running applications. If i have no browser or app's open it will give me the shut down screen, i have to click cancel and all is well. This only happens with the mouse not the key board. Im runnimg Win2000Pro(all spk's) and using a Microsoft intellimouse Explorer 2.0

Thanks
Danny

You might want to run that mouse without the Intellisoft drivers.
W2K's own built-in drivers are more than good enough, unless you need some specific feature for your M$-mouse.
I run the Logitech MX700 on W2K/SP4 like that, and it's perfect.

that behavior you described is identical to the effects of pressing alt+F4. look around for an offending setting or key binding.

zephead said:
that behavior you described is identical to the effects of pressing alt+F4. look around for an offending setting or key binding.

Please help, I am having the same problem described above and unfortunately do not know how to "look around for an offending setting or key binding". Could someone assist this beginner?

Well, Since I don't know what it is, I guess I didn't create one. :) Installed the intellipoint software that came with the mouse. Microsoft Wireless.

Mouse bring out of standby

Try going to Control Panel | Mouse | Hardware | Properties | Power Management and check 'Allow this device to bring the computer out of standby'.

May cure it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back