Wii internet connection problem 51330

Status
Not open for further replies.

detrunks

Hi,
I'm having trouble connecting my Wii to the internet. I have a seperate access point and router. The Wii can see the AP but when testing the connection it says it can't connect and gives the error code 51330. Presumebly this is therefore a router problem?
I'm fairly sure I have no MAC filtering enabled on the router (it's a Linksys RT31P2). The AP is a Linksys wireless G ( WAP54G). The AP is set to channel 11 on mixed mode. I'm not sure if MAC filtering is enabled on this or how to add the MAC address?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Have you tried setting the channel to 1 ? Nintendo advises that for connection problems.

The problem appears to be with the AP but I cannot access the AP's settings via the default web-based utility (192.168.1.245). When I use the set-up CD, it tells me it cannot find any AP! This is while I can still use the wireless connection to go on the internet!

Well do an ipconfig & see what gateway you're given & try to connect to the gateway's IP address.

I thought I should update this query by saying that it appears this error only occurs becuase of my xbox 360 (which sits quite close to my access point). When my 360 had to go in for repair, the Wii was able to connect with no problems. I'm assuming the 360 was causing some sort of interference (possibly all those wireless bits?)

do not kid u're self the wireless science is no perfect science. years ago I set up all computers wirelessly, my computer was the closest to the router, and yet it would get the worst signal and all net work cards were the same. I went back to wired router and network cards because of this and have not messed with wireless since. no do not get me wrong all machines are desktop computers, are not moved very often if ever.

I had a code 61070 error tonight trying to connect to Mario Kart online. I could connect to the news and weather channels just fine, but not mario kart. Then I realized that the shop channel said it had an update. So I went to that, it said I needed to do a system update, so I did that. Then I was able to connect to the Mario Kart servers.

Why I didn't get a blue light indicating I needed a system update I don't know. But apparently you should check for a system update if it was working before and now isn't.

I thought I should add that once my 360 was back (took about 3 weeks) the Wii again failed to connect. My 360 set-up is wired (not wireless), so if any of you do have this problem whilst owning a 360, give unplugging the 360 completely a go (and post your experiences here please!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back