will my computer run wow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to know if my computer will play world of warcraft here is what i have:
Intel(R) Celeron processor 3.06 ghz
512 mb ram
intel(R)82845g/gl/ge/pe/gv graphics controller onboard video 64MB ram
Realtek AC97 Audio
7200rpm ultra DMA hard drive

I have been wanting to play wow for a while now but i dont want to waste my money if it doesnt work on my comp.

thank you

The videocard is lacking because its onboard, and on top of all that, shared memory, but you could probably play it on the absolute lowest settings.

It looks like your system will run it, but not very well. Your graphics is what is killing you the most. Does your system have an empty AGP slot, or even a PCI slot? For $75-$100 you could add a card that'll help a lot.

Minimum requirements (game does not run great at this level, but it runs)
* Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon 800 Mhz or higher CPU
* 512 Megabytes (MB) or more of RAM
* 32MB 3D Graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting (such as an Nvidia GeForce 2 class or better)
* 6 Gigabytes or more of available hard drive space
* 4x CD-ROM drive
* DirectX® 9.0c (included with game) and latest video card drivers

Recommended system specifications for World of Warcraft:
* Intel Pentium IV 1.5GHz or AMD XP 1500+
* 1024 Megabytes (MB) of RAM
* 64MB 3D Graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting (such as an Nvidia GeForce FX 5700 class or better)
* Two-button scroll-wheel mouse

yes i do have a pci slot but no agp and dont know if i have pci ex is there someway to tell? should i get a regular pci vid card?i heard there even worse then onboard video cards.

Depends on what kind of card you buy.
Generally, almost all cards out-perform onboard video.
Don is right, you should atleast grab a cheap pci card if you want to even run it smoothly.

i was thinking about getting PCI FX5500 256mb or the 5200 128mb one will that be enough to play without much lag?

go with the fx5500, its got double the memory as the 5200.
The 5500 should be able to play WoW on low settings pretty smoothly.

I have a suggestion

I would try an ATI Radeon 8500 PCI. pretty cheap, pretty good, can play other great games like Battlefront and Battlefront II, but also I would get a RAM upgrade or it would run slower from lack of RAM. try doubling it for about $50-$100. The ram should be bought from your computer manufacturer, if they sell them. Otherwise I would get a tech to install it.

Here is the 8500's specs:

http://www.ati.com/products/radeon8500/radeon8500128/index.html

The fx550 will be fine and it will run the game on medium pretty smoothly and its 256mb so it will support games for years to come. Doom3 one of the best graphiced computer game requires atleast 64mb video card so the fx will be fine for WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back