will sims 2 work on my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGLover641

hey, I did a windows game advisor and I already bought the sims 2 and the nightlife expansion (plus holiday stuff) and will be getting it soon. The fact is when I did the advisor, it says the nightlife expansion will work fine on my computer and my graphing card is compatible with Directx 9.0c which I downloaded already, but for the sims 2 game, it says my graphing card is wrong. Will the game work okay with this system or at least work:

Processor: Intel Pentium III 732MHz
Display Card: Intel(R) 82815
Memory: 256MB
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 2000
Free Disk Space: 4.59GB
Display Card Memory: 4MB
Display Driver Version: 6.13.1.3196
DirectX Version 9.0c
Optical Drive N/A
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster PCI

and if it doesnt, how do I update my graphing card?? I've tried everywhere to see how I can and I did download something to upgrde to intel 82845, which is good for the game, but it says my system does not meet the requirements. What are the the requirements to download intel 82845 or higher? sumone plz help of if u can or email me at RGLover641@hotmail.com

all I want to know is if the game will actually work with my computer and if it cant, what can I do to make it work?

also my manuyfacturer is Gateway.

and now I bought more memory for my computer and getting a new graphing card card called 3DFORCE4 MX440 AGP 8X/4X 64MB DDR VGA/TV-OUT LP BRACKET INCL. I talked with gateway and they said it will work with these upgrades and I just want to know if they are right with getting new memory and a graphig card? they will be delivered to my house and I can install them myself.

Go to this website:
www.systemrequirementslab.com

If you get Requirements then your system will run Sims 2 at great Frames Per Second and have sweet graphics!

If you get a minimum pass then upgrade your system to the stuff it needs ( videocard, RAM or something else like that )

If you fail do the same for the minimum pass results

Hope I helped :)

Hmm... When you get the card make sure to update the drivers ( if it doesnt already ) so you can run the game with great performance! :)

If you have problems with the game running just post in this topic or send me a private message :D

All my upgrades cost only 109, which is a lot, but less than I expected. I hope it's worth it.

how do you update drivers?

Cpt_Subtext said:
There you go again fishing for those PM's! lol

Lol, I see what you mean mate.

TimeParadoX: It would be better if solutions were posted on the forums, rather than via pm`s. That way it will benefit anyone else who has the same problem.

Obviously, it`s impossible to use the search function for pm`s :p

Regards Howard :)

Lol I know but I like getting PMs, I get like 7 a day :D

how do you update drivers?

To answer that question just go to the website of the thing you want to update

Say the product is a Logitech webcam or something, you go to www.logitech.com and go to the item you want and update it :D

Or if you cant find it just go to www.google.com and search it ;)

The sims 2 will NOT work on this system. The ram it needs is 256 or more and since your upgrading that that is good and it needs atleast a 32mb graphics card and your getting a 64mb so thats good but your still missing something. And that is the CPU you have a 732mhz cpu and the sims 2 needs atleast 800mhz. ALso night life requires 1ghz. So your going to need to upgrade the cpu or build/buy a new system. Also the holiday stuff packs requires 1 ghz as well.

so you mean i wasted money buying the video card and more memory......I dont have money for a new cpu....

how can i upgrade my cpu?

Well GeekieNick101... I dont think the Sims needs a good processor to play the game since it's not really high-end graphics like FEAR / Oblivion and since her 732mhz is close enough to 800mhz it wouldnt be much of a problem... I mean I had 503mb RAM and I could play games that needed like 1 gig no problem :D

how can i upgrade my cpu?

1st you need to know what Socket your CPU is. Download Everest ( think that's what it's called ) from this website http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

After you find out what socket it is... Say it's LGA 755 then you go to www.newegg.com and search LGA 755 and it shows you abunch of processors you can buy for quite cheap ( Only about $70-80 for entry level but if you want High-end processors those can be really exspensive )

Hope I helped :)

Yeah but it will run SLOW, I used to run the core sims 2 on a 2.60ghz and it was slow and to upgrade the cpu you would have to buy one that would fit the socket on your motherboard

well the fact is I did talk to gateway and they said for sims 2, I only need those two upgrades...

I will be upset if it cant work

it might work for the core sims 2 but not for the add ons they need 1ghz

They may have changed the specs for the game bestbuys website for the core sims 2 says
Minimum PC System Requirements

PC Processor Speed 1.5GHz

PC Operating System Windows 98, Windows Millennium Edition (Windows Me), Windows 2000, Windows XP

PC System Memory 256MB RAM

PC Hard Drive Space 3.5GB

PC Video ATi Radeon or nVidia GeForce video card

and thats for the sims 2 mine might be less since its the first verison from 2004 when it first came out

Sorry, well even if it doesnt work you still didnt waste your money your entire computer will run faster and better and by the way how much more ram did you buy you didnt say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back