Will Somebody Please Help Me Get This Secondary Monitor Set Up!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

I had to reformat recently and since then i have not been able to get my secondary monitor to work in Windows XP. My Radeon driver mistakes the secondary monitor for a YPbPr big screen TV device, whatever that is, and will not recognize it as a monitor. This has worked before, the secondary monitor is an AOC Spectrum 7Glr 17" connected through a VGA-DVI port. Before my reformat, all i had to do is plug it in and had the luxury of dual monitors. Now, I can't get it to work at all and everything i try screws it up so bad it requres a safe-mode system restore. I've tried different driver combinations and what-not, including different monitor drivers and the Omega drivers for my ATI card. How can I get this secondary monitor working?

Welcome to TechSpot forums

Originally posted by beedubaya
My Radeon driver mistakes the secondary monitor for a YPbPr big screen TV device, whatever that is, and will not recognize it as a monitor.
That is component output. If there is an option to disable component output, try it.

I have a 9800XT and I had this problem with newer drivers that came after the CD.
After d/l the newest version & installing them I had the problem you describe above. I rolled back my drivers to the previous version, voila i worked fine. I'd suggest either updating or rolling back your driverset as a last option. Play around with your settings and check the ati webby for known issues with the card+drivers you have. g'luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back