will spy sweeper work instead of ewido?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejames82

i have noticed in numerous posts that people are being advised to use ewido. i have a purchased version of spy sweeper. does ewido do anything that spy sweeper doesn't do? if i knew how to, i'm pretty sure that i could post a log with spy sweeper as well. is ewido a better product? thanks, Ed James

Ewido and Spysweeper are two different programmes. Both are very good, but it`s likely that they`ll both find different things. Personally I`d stick with Spysweeper, unless you`re having virus/spyware problems.

Regards Howard :)

i have scanned with ewido numerous times now, and every time that i do i shut down the spy sweeper but i don't bother shutting down the kaspersky av. am i proceeding the correct way? the ewido programme is an anti-spyware programme, isn't it? i don't think it's anti-virus. thanks for replying, Ed James

That sounds good to me.

Ewido is indeed an anti-spyware/anti-trojan programme.

I trust your system is clean and you`re not having any virus/spyware problems?

Regards Howard :)

just a minor problem here and there. i think they are as a result of kaspersky conflicting with zone alarm personal. i briefly surfed without zone alarm and it worked fantastic. when i become more computer savvy i will change firewalls. right now i am pleased to run anti-virus and anti-spyware scans properly. thanks for the reply, Ed James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back