Win 2000 faster than XP in games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegasgmc

Ive been running tests to find the best settings for Doom 3. Ive got XP Pro and 2000 Pro, clean installs. In 2000 I get an extra 200 points in 3DMark2003(5955) and I can run Doom 3 at Ultra 1152x864 with High Quality Special Effects, shadows and specular off and bump mapping on and I get 45fps. To get those frame rates in XP I had to go down to High Quality 1024. It seems to me that XP should be the better gaming OS???

I think part of the problem you had is with RAM. XP has higher memory requirements than 2000. Not sure but if you upped your RAM to a gig you might see different results.

Have you disabled all unnecessary services on XP, otherwise it is likely that there is more activity going on in the background.

Both installations are on the same machine and both have the same services running or disabled. In day to day use 2000 seems alot more responsive too.

Yeah Vegasgmc i agree with you.I'm now using in 2000 because that is faster than XP in game.But loading time too long than XP.But most game smooth than XP.You 't forget to win 2000 SP4 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back