Win 9k Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmat276

Windows help?

Ok I reloaded Win 98 on this system! dell dimension xps r400 older than my grand MA' but still when it boots up i am getting some System.inf files are missing/gone

VETSUP.VXD
VNETBIOS.VXD
VREDDIR.VXD <-- THINK THATS THE FILE NAME!
DFS.VXD

Ok so i tryed upgraden' the bios to see if it would stop and it didn't....

but when Windows does load.. i am getting a MSNP3.DLL error
i think thats msn messager?

And when i go to install a program setup starts but then stops cause windows is missing a file and only seems to do it when i am trying to install something So it asks me to put in the 98 cd and i do and it still don't work

i have tryed to install with 2 disk test the HDD said old one was bad with a ubcd v3.3,

so i got a new HDD

ANY IDEAS? PLEASE HELP THANKS,

-Madmat276

Ok...

So just to check myself i took out the HDD and put it in a diff system.

I am still getting the same thing with it in a diff system... so what i am going to do it format with a ubcd reload windows in the System that i tested the hdd in to see if it was a windows problem.... if i put the hdd back in the old system and i still get the same thing then it could it be a bad motherboard?

Well when i put the HDD in the other system i formated and reinstalled windows... Took fine...... so i guess i am going to check the cable and see if that has a broke wire... but other than that i am led to think it has a bad motherboard....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back