Win ME KERNEL32.DLL

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi
i have a new clean istall of windows ME and at first i had a problem booting up, when i fixed that problem with scanreg the computer starts ok, but i am getting this error message "explorer has caused an error in KERNEL32.DLL explorer will now close" when i press CLOSE the message goes but nothing else happens untill i try to open a file then i get the error message again, any help would be apprieated.

as this was a new install does anybody know how i can download the ME updates to another machine and then tranefer them to the ME pc, as the ME pc cannot connect to the internet.
i need to download the updates / fixes and then transfer them to my ME pc, i have updated IE from 5.5 TO 6 and now i get the error message when it boots up, before i get my desktop or get near opening a file or program, any help would be apprieated.

I have never found Windows ME to be anything but a buggy horrible OS. I don't have any idea why you're getting your error, but perhaps an update will help. On the computer that has internet access go to Windows Update and click the link labeled "Personalize Windows Update". Check the box to display the Windows Catalog, and then click "Save Settings".

On the left side, "Windows Update Catalog" will now show towards the bottom. Using this link, you can search for updates by OS and download them individually. From there you can burn them to a disk and install them on the other computer.

Sounds to me like a bad installation. You say it is a new install, you also say you had problems from the beginning. This would indicate to me that something didn't go as it should during the install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back