Spread the love! TechSpot Tech Gift Shortlist 2017

WIN XP help

By amphibiam ยท 4 replies
Nov 28, 2003
  1. My girlfriend lost her Windows XP product key while moving, and now that im trying to upgrade to Professional im stuck. Is there a way around this?? Can I contact microsoft, give them the OEM key, and they give me the product key in return???? I have no idea on what to do. :(
  2. poertner_1274

    poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

    I'm not exactly sure what M$ will tell you, but it is always worth the shot of giving them a call, because they will know exactly what you shoul do.
  3. amphibiam

    amphibiam TS Rookie Topic Starter

  4. SNGX1275

    SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,742   +419

    Yeh, give Microsoft a call, as long as you can prove to them that your (her) copy is legit and you honestly lost the product key they should be able to help you out.
  5. RealBlackStuff

    RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Similar Topics

Add New Comment

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...