Win XP installation error message ¡¡¡

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ¡¡
I have tried everything and now don´t know how to continue.

I have created two primary partitions on my HD. In the first one installed W98 and then set the other partition as active to reboot and install WIN XP.After rebooting everything gone fine (cd installation started to get it ready to install
an then it prompted me to press enter to start the installation).The message after pressing enter was: "the sistem can´t find any disk" .

I have tried it a few times formatting this partition as NTFS and FAT 32 bt allways the same error.

Do anybody knows what could be the problem and how to fix it???

ThANKS ¡¡¡¡

You want only one active partition, the first one on that harddisk with W98 in it (C).
The rest of that disk should be partitioned as "extended" partition using all the rest of available space. Then in that extended partition, you create a "logical" partition (D), taking up all of the space in there.

After this partitioning, boot up in W98. Then insert the XP-CD and start the installation. Select the new "logical" partition (D) for XP and either format it in NTFS (best for XP, but you cannot read this from within W98) or format in FAT32 (so you CAN read it from within W98).
XP will make the boot-menu, so that when you are finished and boot up, you can choose between W98 or XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back