win xp pro asking for log-in password

Status
Not open for further replies.

nork

I have a valid, retail win xp pro. When i am in windows and i want to log out, when i try to log back in i get a message asking me for the password. But when i installed win xp i didnt use a password, i left it blank.
I remember reading somewhere how to fix this but i cant find it.
Can anyone help me out here?
thanks

Default password

I'm not a good source in computers, but alot of default passwords are the word (clear) I think your in the wrong section also, u might want to try the hardware and tweaking section under Mobo, cpu. Sorry i couldn't be of more help.

Here's what you do, go into Safe Mode of your computer; from there log into the Administrator account and go under Control Panel and create a new User Name with Computer Admin privalages.

cuegt said:
I'm not a good source in computers, but alot of default passwords are the word (clear) I think your in the wrong section also, u might want to try the hardware and tweaking section under Mobo, cpu. Sorry i couldn't be of more help.
This is the right section for this thread.

Coolmatt. I am in the right section for sure. Its OS related.
Are you sure that would be the correct way? I question it because i never had a password in the first place.
Not meaning to be rude about it, but anyone else have any input.

I know in windows 2000 you can tick or untick the ask for password in start I don't see this option for xp home or pro
this is what I have done
enable blank password type of thing
mostly I don't do this for clients as it allows security high risk
for normal machine use you should not log as admin anyway this keeps the bugs from setting crap to run on machine(inmost cases)
go here--->password fix
this may be more to the point of your issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back