Win Xp Pro Restarting

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxdanielxx

Hey let me start by saying this I have had this problem for 3 months and have tryed most everything the problem is on an hp a430n this is what it dose it loads windows fine then afther a while it will just crash mostly when I try to run spybot or spyware doctor it gives me an error spybot say it cant open certain folders in sys32 then restarts. but when I am using it with normal things like IE it works it seems it crashes when HDD works hard.

Things I have tryed:
FORMAT HDD
INSTALL WINXP AGAIN
CHANGE RAM
CHANGE VIDEO CARD
NEW HDD (DIDNT WORK SO I RETURNED IT)
REPAIR WINXP FORM COLD BOOT USING (R)
CLEAN C MOS
LOOK FOR BIOS UPDATE (HAVE THE NEWEST)
SWITCH MASTER CABLE
TESTED POWER SUPPLY (IT IS FINE)
DELETE PARTITIONS AND RE MAKE THEM

oh one more thing at the moment yhe HDD is (FAT32) Format insted of NTFS. I am truely lost dont think it is dirt or dust blocking the CPU although CPU dose go to 100% for 10 sec.. then restarts

The symptoms really sound like a Bug or Hijacking . Although I am not sure how the bug survived your format and re-install unless you have the executable in one of your install or backup files.
start by running Hijack this and other bug chasers(Instructions at the top of the Windows forum).
Also take a look in your Event veiwer list and see if any errors are listed for the reboot. Conflicting drivers or Software can cuse the same issues.

cant be that i deleted the partitions last night and remade them I will try to run high jack also there is nothing in the computer except the winxp files no software at all execpt video card. One more thing when I tryed to install norton 7 it was installing then crash already removed it not sure if this helps

ok this was my problem got a can of compressed air and cleaned then in side of the pc most importan I cleaned the cpu and the fans then I took out my ram and clean that with an eraser afthere that i check to see if my PSU was working on not wich it was then I just ran winxp installed with no problems and all is working fine oh i almost forgot I also checked to see if there were no capacitors that were leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back