Win XP SP2 flaw limits firewire to 100Mbit/s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantasm66

Looks like any Firewire 800 devices will function at the slower rate of 100Mbit/s if you install Windows XP SP2, according to a story here.

However, all is not lost. If you reinstall the SP1 Firewire drivers again, all will be well again.

La Cie have already released drivers that will combat the problem for their products, including the D2, the D2 Extreme, the D2 Triple Interface, the D2 Big Disk, the D2 Big Disk Extreme, the D2 Big Disk Triple Interface, the D2 Bigger Disk Triple Interface.

You know, I just installed that service pack 2 and its just made me want to format and reinstall and apply it right away to get the update and avoid the horrible bugs I now seem to have after having applied it to an existing SP1 system.

{Did that make sense...? It seemed like a very long sentence...}

Figures there'd be something like this in it. They managed to fix & then break AC-3/DTS passthrough in Windows 2000. I think SP1 fixed it, then SP2 broke it.Bah

Will be interesting to see how well SP2 is received.

By that I mean, will people accept that some of their software will not work due to the steps taken to secure it more, or will they want the holes back?

You can always just install the latest service pack and that's you.

Windows 2000 was the same, although I seem to recall with NT you had to install them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back