win xp stops

Status
Not open for further replies.
have you eperience this guys, a little help might be useful or any explanation might me understand this error.
When I boot into win xp this error comes up. ( Blue Screen)

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps;

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminate.
Run chkdsk /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Well, i havent add any hard drives. I just opened up my pc then walla then error comes up. Regarding the virus, well Im using AVG and always try to check if there is a virus but as i know im not infected with any viruses. Thanks for the immediate post.

do you remember any changes to your system (hard/software) and environment?

when you load up the pc, hit the F8 key (you can bash it repeatedly :p) on your keyboard before it goes to the Windows Loading screen. You will be in safe mode. Login using Admin, goto [start>run] and type in
%systemroot%/minidump
zip up 5-6 of the most recent ones and post here as an attachment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back