win2k ntfs file system problem ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help ...For some reason my win2k ntfs file system decided to mess up. It returns an error upon boot preventing me from getting into windows. It tells me to run the checkdisk thing, so I though I'd reboot into safe made, which gives me the same error *sighs*

Now, my question, does anyone by any chance have some form of win2k boot floppy that can read ntfs partitions? Cuz my normal windows boot floppies only read FAT :(.

- Bram

I never heard of NT5 boot floppy disk :), but I may suggest you some alternates.

1. boot from Win2k CD and choose Recovery Console (this way you can access your WinNT directory)

2. go to www.winternals.com and get the NTFS driver for DOS (unfortunately is read-only, the write version needs to be purchased)

You can always go to TUCOWS & do a search on NTFS. You'll find quite a few utilities allowing you to read your NTFS partitions allowing you to at least save the important files on that partition :confused:

Originally posted by duku
I never heard of NT5 boot floppy disk :), but I may suggest you some alternates.

1. boot from Win2k CD and choose Recovery Console (this way you can access your WinNT directory)

2. go to www.winternals.com and get the NTFS driver for DOS (unfortunately is read-only, the write version needs to be purchased)

yeah, boot from the windows 2000 CD, choose repair, choose repair with the recovery console, put in your admin password.

now issue this command:

chkdsk c: /p

where c: is the partition containing windows. Once its finished, give it another run. Then reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back