Win32.small.EPJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

cola6598

Eeck. For some reason I do computer repair for a living. After today I really wonder why:)

Avast keeps announcing - over and over - that it has found the trojan win32.small.EPJ - it then lists a URL - different each time - as the file name eg. http://220141.ds.nac.net/..... and it wants me to abort my connection to stop it. Well - that is not helpful as it stops all internet activity.

I have serached high and low - spent way too much time on this (snowed in and bored) Help. Anybody have any experience with this little monster?

( I've scanned with Avast 3 times/ Ad-aware2007 3 times (safe mode and regular) / trend micro onlince scan/ nanoscan/currently trying kaspersky)

Colleen

There`s nothing particularly nasty in your HJT log.

However, you should have HJT fix this entry.

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE

It appears you`re not running any firewall software.

Download and install one of the free firewall programmes below.

Zonealarm Kerio or Comodo free firewall programmes.

I`d like to do a bit more of an indepth check of your system for malware.

Download combofix.exe to your desktop. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts. A window will open with a warning. Type "Y" (and Enter) to start the fix. When the scan completes it will open a text window. Please attach that log back here together with a fresh HJT log. Caution - do not touch your mouse/keyboard until the scan has completed. The scan will temporarily disable your desktop, and if interrupted may leave your desktop disabled. If this occurs, please reboot to restore the desktop.

Combofix will automatically save the log file to C:\combofix.txt

Please post the Combofix log.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of cola6598 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I`d still like to see the Combofix log, just in case you have other malware on your system.

Remember, a lack of symptoms doesn`t necessarily mean a lack of malware. ;)

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of cola6598 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back