Windows 2000 Server Trojan/Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, where do I start? I have a Windows 2000 Server that is behaving erratically. . Services.exe and a second instance of winlogon.exe trade off using 50% of the cpu. When you right click anything, windows installer launches and won't go away until you kill it in task mgr. If you try to do anything network related, windows installer launches, i.e. open a web page, check the properties of your lan connection, type a unc path, anything. It sometimes launches found new hardware wizard saying compaq virtual lun which is already installed. When I started in safe mode, it said the raid controller needed installing but it is installed. It will allow you to install some things but not all. I have installed and run spybot s&d, ad aware, atf cleaner. I was unable to install AVG. I have reinstalled the os files but this took away my sp4 and have been unable to reinstall sp4. I was unable to update the virus defs of the corp edition symantec a/v but i mapped drives to the admin shares and scanned with the a/v on my system. Nothing - I have done everything I know to do - Thanks for any help. Hijack this logfile follows, although I don't see anything that looks out of the ordinary.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I can find nothing nasty in your HJT log. I don`t know what`s causing your problem, but it doesn`t look virus/spyware related.

I have therefore moved your thread to our Windows OS forum, where you might get some better suggestions.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Have you recently installed any new software? If so then try reinstalling it.
Have you recently installed any new hardware? If so then check the drivers.
Always take these steps first for problems like this.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back