Windows 2000 Services

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I go into services to enable a disabled service. I right click on the service to view properties, the properties page does not come up. Then when I close the services console it wants me to close all the property pages first.

I am trying to enable client services. I have changed services many times before. This is the first time I have seen this problem.

It's possible you have a service dis-abled that client services is dependent on...

patio. :cool:

Thanks Paito you are right. My question now is how do I enable Client Services. I have a system error "service control manager None" . Is there a way to enable services other than the normal method in administrative tools.

Thanks

The msconfig utility has a "services" tab where you can enable/disable them.

If you download the pstools kit from www.sysinternals.com then you can use the "psservice" command to enable/disable/start/stop Windows system services.

I will give a list of what does'nt work and what I have tried.

What does'nt work.

Prior to the problems I had a HP 840 deskJet. It loaded at startup.

Printer subsystem is gone. I can't add the printer
Print spooler will not start Error 1068 Service or group failed to start.

Add Remove programs page in control pannel does not work. One line at the top of the page says add remove programs

TCP/IP over net bios can not start, no enabled devices

IPSEC policy can not to be set to auto or started with PSSERVICES

Client Services was reset to AUTO with psservice but can not start error 87 parameter incorrect

low memory error when I try to run MS Player. I have over 250megs free at the time.

Error Codes from event viewer

Service Control manager 7001
Service Control manager 7003

Event Agent 2018
Event System 4097

Hopefully some ot the above problems will give some clues.

Thanks guys

You could also head over to BlackViper's site...
He has a handy little script there you can Dload that returns all your services to the default XP settings...

patio. :cool:

Thanks Patio.

After reading Black Vipers web page I realize it was RPCrs service that I disabled I then went to ms support and used regedit to enable RPC.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back