Windows 7 BSOD error BCCode: f4 BCP1: 0000000000000003 BCP2: FFFFFA80060BDB30

I recently installed a new SSD (OCZ Tech 2.5 inch vortex 3) and windows 7 (64 bit).
The system is great, however it intermittently goes to the BSOD. I am not sure what triggers it, most recently web browsing on Google Chrome. Here's the complete error code:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: f4
BCP1: 0000000000000003
BCP2: FFFFFA80060BDB30
BCP3: FFFFFA80060BDE10
BCP4: FFFFF80002D858B0
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

In case you need to know, i have a Toshiba Portege m750 s7222, intel processor p8700 @ 2.53 ghz, 4 gb ram, windows 7 64 bit, (see ssd above).
integrated graphics card

Thanks in advance!

Not really the complete error code... Minidumps, do you have any? Was Windows 7 installed over another version of Windows or was it installed fresh?

Go here and perform the memory checks:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html

There are also instructions on how to post any minidumps. There are many posts on this site concerning SSD's and Windows 7 BSOD's...

My minidumps are too big...

I tried to upload one but it was 261 kb, too big. I've looked at all the others and they are all bigger. Any ideas on how I can post them?

The windows install was the first on the ssd.

I'll try the memory checks asap.

Sorry about keeping you waiting, I had a lot of hw.

Thanks

I think this is a systemic issue with many SSD devices. In my own situation it's understandable as I use it in a carPC, the temperature and humidity have now claimed 3 drives. This being the 3rd, it's an Agility 2 from OCZ.

Fairly sure we've both got the same issue. Almost certain now it's the drive's controller intermittentally failing. It was that or memory with this error.

BCCode: f4
BCP1: 0000000000000003
BCP2: FFFFFA8008002610
BCP3: FFFFFA80080028F0
BCP4: FFFFF80002D858B0
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Verification from someone is still appreciated however, and I think it will kill 2 birds with 1 stone, so to speak.

EDIT: standard zip format rather than 7zip this time, last 3 crash dumps.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    71.8 KB · Views: 35
Done. In part this might be due to my intel board's ICH (I/O controller) getting far too hot. 112-118C, hadn't been an issue at the start, but over time...

I just haven' gotten the motavation to yank it yet again from my center console to tear it apart to put some kind of makeshift heatsink on that controller yet.

So, the OP may wish to check the temp readings with something like Speedfan as well.

Yeah, stil fairly new board, kinda suspected this controller or the actual onboard OCZ's. Shipped 2 back for RMA already (old mainboards).

So perhaps this will motivate me this weekend. It's just an insane PIA is all with it bolted in my car's center dash.

Thank you for the semi-verification however. once I can get that temp sensor down, have to see if it still does it, if so, I'll delve further with OCZ's diag utility to see if another RMA is in my future.

EDIT: Actually, thats a blonde moment. How could it be the OCZ's controller in this case if I'm getting a mini-dump that sucessfully saves to the same drive that's crashing the OS from the controller supposedly intermittently failing? Solved without a doubt then for me...possibly not for the OP.

Thanks tmagic

screenshot attached for the curious, as I can't use forum codes to link yet.

Attachments

• vzhety.jpg
    vzhety.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 13
Those temps are hot. May be a defective motherboard for sure and not the SSD's at all

It's the nature of the beast. Jamming that amount of processing power into the confines of mini-itx case with just about 0 breathing room in the center dashboard of your sportscar vehicle tends to raise the temps inherently. Although the ICH temp has always bothered me. I do have another smaller fan mounted inside the unit to offset part of the problem, and a better after-market CPU and GPU heat-sink setup, but without anywhere for much of it to go it doesn't solve the issue entirely. Completely un-helped by the fact that the plastic duct work for the HVAC is up against it. Works great in the summer, as the AC cools everything down, not so great for winter with the heater going...

That may be a reproducible issue with the intel mini-itx board in question, as everything should go down nearly by 20C being out in the open where it should be, but that would still leave that ICH at an unacceptable temp hovering around 80+C at it's best. That should have a heat-sink to start with, not sure why it doesn't out of the box from intel.

Yeah I didn't realize that it was a mini-itx case... I've only built one of these for a neighbor a while ago, and they do run hot by nature, even hotter than most laptops

Yanked it last night, played with it a bit this morning now. With it powered in it's "ideal" setting, everything is around 48C, save the overall MB temp which is at 39C, and of course the ICH, which still settles after a few minutes of running at a lovely 83C. I knew it.

It's an DG45EK intel board for any that might be curious.

After some searches, this appears to be an inherent issue with this board:

No ICH heat-sink
mediaobject_fh1y1.png

With ICH heat-sink
mediaobject_2lz3k.png

Full article here for those interested in this guy's solution.

Okay I maybe a bit late, but I have the same problem I think
, every time my computer goes to sleep mode I it does an automatic rs
and I get the following error code
[FONT=Segoe UI] BCCode: f4[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI] BCP1: 0000000000000003[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI] BCP2: FFFFFA80111A3B30[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI] BCP3: FFFFFA80111A3E10[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI] BCP4: FFFFF80002182460[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI] OS Version: 6_1_7601[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI] Service Pack: 1_0[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI] [/FONT][FONT=Segoe UI]Product:[/FONT][FONT=Segoe UI] [/FONT][FONT=Segoe UI]256_1[/FONT]

Yes I do own an ssd by ocz, and the operating system is installed on it.
Why should I do? hope I havent got any viruses or so.

Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus Midi Tower

ASrock z77 extreme4

Intel® Core i5-3570K Processor

EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+ w/Backplate

G.Skill RipjawsX 16GB DDR3 PC-14900 1866MHz

Western Digital Black 500GB SATA III (7200 RPM / 64MB Cache)

Cooler Master CPU Kylare Hyper 212 EvoCorsair Powersupply HX750 (PSU) 750 W + 80+ASUS DVD±RW
BenQ 27'' GW2750HM VA LED

OCZ Intern SSD 128GB Agility 4 Series SATA III 2.5" (AGT4-25SAT3-128G)

[FONT=Cambria]And my OP IS Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit[/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria]These are my specs, plz help I am really scared since I just bought this pc[/FONT]

Hi everyone,

I just saw this and thought it might be helpful to me. I get the same problem as trogers and Niruto. it usually happens after the computer goest o sleep and the fans stop, then when it comes back to life I get the blue screen. I work in the field of architecture and if the computer is left rendering it is always a miracle whether I have the time to save the image.

I am trying to upload the mini-dump file to the post

thanks in advance for any help

Attachments

• 013013-64912-01.zip
    23.8 KB · Views: 4
This is usually caused by the video driver, but it could be an indication that the power supply is failing

Hi Guys, so at least we all have something in common, I may not have as good spec as your power computer but I have 23 units of computers coz I have an internet computer shop, they are all 64 ultimate,asus m5,250gb,4g hyper x. I install my os on one pc then clone it to others pc...but only two pc got the BSOD f4 issue. these two BSOD pc function very well, it just when you shut it off it gets the bluescreen and restarts again instead of shutting down. then the error appears locale id 1033 code f4. the 2nd thing we have in common though is we are all looking for solutions, even if a do a fresh install, or solo reformat for that pc the error seems to come back, I am running out of options...has anybody got their answer please post.

Back