Windows 98 wont run on normal on IBM thinkpad laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend recently gave me an old IBM thinkpad laptop with some programs on it. After the windows 98 loading screen it opens the game liero and wont allow me to log in or anything. I can run under safe mode, but if i try running under normal mode it goes straight to liero. Ive tried deleting the liero files on the computer, but that just makes it keep resetting after the windows loading screen. Thanks in advance for the help.

Boot in Safe Mode (press F8 a few times at bootup). Click on Start, then on Run. Type in msconfig and click OK
See if you find anything that looks like that game-name. Mark it so it won't start (can't quite remember how that goes). Make a not of where it is. Then go and delete it.
Reboot.
Run msconfig again and remove that item if it is still there.

i unchecked the game name in autoexec.ini i think and when i restart, it just keeps crashing after the windows 98 loading screen, i really dont wanna just use this in safe mode, please help.

Post both your autoexec.bat and config.sys here, there might be another obstacle.

Also, click Start/Run and type in regedit and click enter
Cleck on Edit/Find and type in runonce and OK. (Hit F3 to find it again.)
There should be 2 instances of it. Just above each you will find the Run key. Highlight Run and check the entries on the right. There may be a related entry for that game ther. If so, click on that entry on the right, then press the Del key, confirm the delete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back