Windows 98se opening jpgs with Irfanview 3.92 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNGX1275

I have a fresh install of Windows98se on a machine (then updated with the Feb 2004 security updates cd from Microsoft). The problem is I installed Irfanview 3.92 and set it to associate with all images. The problem is Windows tries to open it with its Picture Viewer rather than Irfanview.

Here's what I have done:
Rebooted
Right clicked on the file with shift held down and gone to Open With, then chose irfanview and checked always use this program to open these types of files or whatever it says.

Got any ideas, windows seems to know that its supposed to use irfanview, but yet it doesn't. I imagine there is something in the registry but I don't know where.

Try uninstalling quick previewer... that's the thumbnail thingy that it likes to try to launch for files.. stupid, gey, but it's worked in the past.

Also hasn't worked.

Problem Solved.

Apparently I didn't reboot after installing like I thought I did.

All was well after the reboot.

Well with a fresh install of Windows98 if you want to be able to do anything on it you have to restart so many times (2 just to get the security updates from that CD) I just assumed I had rebooted at least once since the install.

LOL after this little fun Poert, Goalie (ok he didn't poke fun at me) and I had (we all went to same University) it appears I have to unlock this thread.

The problem has occured again, this time again I haven't tried a reboot, but its the same install, infact my dad has probably rebooted the computer himself. Anyway all symptoms are identical to the original post, and this time I know reboots have been involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back