Windows Activation Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draven_X

I just built my PC everything was brand new. I purchased Windows Media Center off ebay.

What I bought.

It loaded up fine and it said I needed to to activate it so I did. It was activated and everything was fine then my pc went bonkers. I deleted the partition and did a fresh install. I went to go activate Windows again and it said it had reached it's limit (Not exactly sure about the wording.) So it won't let me activate windows. I checked on Microsoft but I didn't see anything about the Key. Any suggestions on how I can get a new key or make this one work? Or am I screwed?

Keys can only be reactivated a set number of times within a given timeframe. You need to contact and explain to microsoft, who will help you reactivate your genuine windows.

Is there a customer service number I can call? They should have me on file as activating my windows correct? I didn't register and I should've. Will this make a difference? Thanks again.

You don't need to register. Just go to activate it and it will give you the phone number. You tell a computer the number on the screen then you get to talk to a real person. Tell them you only have it installed on one computer and just needed a new clean install. They will give you another long number and it's done. Have fun. :grinthumb

(I don't like MC05 much :knock: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back