Windows (All) Weird Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

the.freak

Ok ... I've been suffering weird problems for the past week ...

I got this PC from a client who bought a new 1 ... 1st I had Hardware errors ... You helped me fix them ... Now to the Software errors :S

Whatever version of windows I install, I start getting errors even b4 I start installing the drivers ... No more BSODs ... Now Nothing installs correctly, either I get windows installer errors or cmd.exe refuses to start ... Then when I get to the drivers they install with errors ...

Also when I enable connection sharing ( i connect to the internet through My SERVER a PIV 2.8GHZ HT not this 1) I start getting errors connecting .. I 4mated the Drive 100 times over, Tried Win2k,XP AND vista although it's only a PIII 2.0Ghz Celeron with 512MB RAM shared withthe VGA 32MB ...

I got a hint of a virus ... But Not a single anti-virus proggy of 50 that I tried detected anything nor did the anti-spywares ... where could it come from if I just formated the damn thing and all my installs are done from a Read-Only "Clean" CDs/DVDs ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Could it be residing in the Bios ?!?!?!?!?

Bear in mind that Buying stuff is out of the question coz I currently have 50$ total in my bank account !!!!!!!!! gonna buy a 600W REAL Power Supply for my big PC coz of my GeForce 7800 GS/OC Graphic Card .... And I Desperatly need this PC to get my brother and sister off my back on my SERVER !!!!!!

After-Reading all this can any1 Help ?

Ch33rs
Steve

I know man it's not a double post the other post I talked about the hardware probs now the software side ;)

Which anti-spyware utils did you use? I recommend the following:

Ad-Aware 2007
Spybot Search & Destroy
AVG Anti-Spyware

All are free and can be downloaded via the Internet.

If they turn up nothing, try an XP repair installation. If that doesn't work, then try an "in-place" installation. That will force you to have to re-install device drivers and programs but it's obvious you have some serious corruption in your installation.

"I got a hint of a virus ... But Not a single anti-virus proggy of 50 that I tried detected anything nor did the anti-spywares ... where could it come from if I just formated the damn thing and all my installs are done from a Read-Only "Clean" CDs/DVDs ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Could it be residing in the Bios ?!?!?!?!?"...

Where did this "I got a hint of a virus" come from? Bios viruses are extremely rare. Try clearing your CMOS chip and restarting the system

Well I've been using those installation cds/dvds for years ... never had any problems.. Also the Anti-stuff I used were exactly those u mentioned and others :S

how do I clean the BIOS ? can I wipe it and reprogramm it?

the.freak said:
Well I've been using those installation cds/dvds for years ... never had any problems.. Also the Anti-stuff I used were exactly those u mentioned and others :S

how do I clean the BIOS ? can I wipe it and reprogramm it?

Most BIOS have a "reset settings to default". One I worked with had a separate "clear settings file" One poster on here just removed the battery and put it back in. It worked! (all brute force power cycle method! Gotta love it! :grinthumb ) Anyhow, might be some messed up BIOS settings. Reset to defaults and see what happens.

Already Done now I'm just repartitioning an re-installing windows from scratch for the 6th tim e2day :S .... We'll see what happens ... Will keep u posted

The weird thing that I don't get is ... I used my Multi-Widows Install DVD for years never got the "Disk I/O" Error when I try Partition Magic 8.05 although in Hiren BootCD it works fine .... Weird isn't it ?

Sounds like the MBR is messed up or one of the partition filesystems is messed up. Try Recovery Console and run fixmbr and chkdsk on the partition.

ALL IS GOOD ... I fixed everything re-partitioned installed XP ... BTW it was a mean Virus called Win32/Virut .... Anyway Fixed everything ... But now I'm suffering from an ICS Problem ... (Internet Connection Sharing) ... Posted it in the Networking Section ... Waiting for a Reply ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back