Windows Crash (Mini Dump Inc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda of a noob here,

been having these mini dumps for awhile, while doing a memory scan nye my psu went. I got that replaced and its working fine. I thought the crashes may have been because of the psu but it seems not.

I'm at wits end now and would be great full for any help

System specs

Processor:
AMD Athlon XP, 2200 Mhz (11 x 200) 3200 +
Motherboard:
ASRock K7VT6
Memory:
1023 MB
Cooling:
Two cooling fans
Videocard:
NVIDIA GeFORCE MX/MX 400
Soundcard/Speakers:
M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496
Hard Disk(s):
80 Gig Samsung SP0882N

have included a mini dump

thanks in advance Ray

the other 5 mini dumps you require

http://download.yousendit.com/64B54A713BD16784

Attachments

• Mini010707-01.zip
    31.8 KB · Views: 5
Hi

Out of the 5 in the minidump zip ( by the way post the dumps on here, I hate having to trawl to sites to get dump files)

they all error on kmixer.sys, i did a google on this error and one site suggested your Nvidia card needs updated drivers.

The last one however errors on ACPI.sys, according to windbg help file this is the fix

this error indicates that you need to obtain a new BIOS. Contact your vendor or visit the internet to get a new BIOS.

If you are unable to obtain an updated BIOS, or the latest BIOS supplied by your vendor is still not ACPI compliant, you can turn off ACPI mode during text-mode setup. To do this, simply press the F7 key when you are prompted to install storage drivers. The system will not notify you that the F7 key was pressed, but it will silently disable ACPI and allow you to continue your installation.

As you OS is installed I would go into the BIOS and check what settings you have for ACPI, if possible disable it for now and see how the system runs.

Regards

Sorry about the you send it link, I was quite sure how to attach all 6 mini dumps

Ok I'm not quite sure on the ASRock site what BIOS I need to download, and is the K7VT6-C the one i require because they don't seem to have the K7VT6.

Here is the download page http://www.asrock.com/support/Download.asp

Sorry to sound like I need to have my hand held on this but I don't know what I'm doing

Thanks for all your help so far I'm really great full!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back