Windows Crashing to Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope somebody could help me out on this one, I've had the problem for a while now. When playing Railroad Tycoon 3 for some time(can be very random), the game will either freeze for about 10 seconds then restart or will crash the game to the desktop/goes to blue screen, and says there has been a minidump, or The entire screen goes black and computer stops responding.
I turned off all over-clocking and turned off my on-board lan. I also tried closing out of all my programs and stopped running processes related to antivirus/firewall software. I ran full virus/spyware scans. Also i went completly re-installed my video card drivers. I have several minidump files in the windows/minidump folder. I can attach the files as zip files, Does anybody have any suggestions? It's quite aggrivating. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Some specs on my pc:
512mb ddr2 ram
ati radeon 9200 video card 128mb AGP
AMD AThlon XP 2000+ ~1.7Ghz
MSI KT6V-LSR (7021) Motherboard

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Most of your minidumps crash with a bugcheck of EA, and reference your videocard drivers.

0x000000EA: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

A device driver problem has caused the system to pause indefinitely (hang). Typically, this is caused by a display driver waiting for the video hardware to enter an idle state. This might indicate a hardware problem with the video adapter, or a faulty video driver.

Try updating your videocard drivers, and see if that helps.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back