windows crashses during login

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was playing half-life2, and the game crashed, along with the computer.
after rebooting and trying to log in again, the computer crashed during login.
sometimes it will get to 'loading your personal settings" but not normally.
I can login as administrator with no problems.

event viewer says:

Error code 10000050, parameter1 c39c0000, parameter2 00000000, parameter3 804d9da8, parameter4 00000000.

and microsoft.com says:

Details
Product: Windows Operating System
Event ID: 1003
Source: System Error
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: ER_KRNLCRASH_LOG
Message: Error code %1, parameter1 %2, parameter2 %3, parameter3 %4, parameter4 %5.

Explanation
A blue screen (Stop error) was reported. The message contains details about the error. A matching event with Event ID 1001 might also appear in the event log. This matching event displays information about the specific error that occurred.

not very straight forward, as it doesn't provide any solutions or possibilities.
something else i checked into mentioned something about windows not being able to logout because something is locked in the registry. i dont know what that's about, but it might be useful information.

Any ideas ans help would be very much appreciated

Could be hardware problem like RAM like r_chowdhury mentioned. But if you can log in as administrator, it may just be something loading in your other user profile.

Get to Windows XP boot menu by tapping the F8 key when starting your computer and try some of the following....

Boot to Windows “safe mode” preferably with “network support”, this way most antivirus and antispyware programs will let you download updates and then you can scan your system for viruses, spyware and adware.

In safe mode you can restore your system to an earlier date. Click “Start”, go to “Programs” or “All Programs”, then to “Accessories”, “System Tools” and click on “System Restore”. Pick a earlier date hope it works.

Also in safe mode you can disable many startup applications by clicking on “Start” then “Run” and type “msconfig”, click “Ok”. Click the “Startup” tab, you can uncheck all items for now. Also click on the “Services” tab, then at the bottom, check “Hide all Microsoft Services” and uncheck the rest, click “Ok” then click “Restart” and cross your fingers.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back