Windows firewall trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having trouble turning off the windows firewall. notice how in the first picture I attached, I turned off the firewall, but in the second picture I attached, it says the firewall is still on. I know for a fact that the firewall is still on because when I try to connect to P2P software such as kazaa or imesh, the firewall wont let me connect. please someone help.

thanks,

be

Attachments

• pic1.png
    pic1.png
    52.8 KB · Views: 8
  • pic2.png
    pic2.png
    61.3 KB · Views: 6
Maybe it says that a Firewall is on because it has detected another firewll up & running (ZoneAlarm for example). Do you have another firewall running ?

Me too!!

I have been struggling with this EXACT problem myself. I cannot seem to find any solution. I have no other firewalls running. I have created an exception for my P2P software and the actual ports. I'm at a loss.

The only thing I can think of is that I have my computer set to automatically update. I wonder if an update has caused a problem.

IF you are determined to disable the FW, then
cp->Windows FW->disable

CAUTION: how will you protect your system without SOME firewall?

be prepared to reinstall!

I really don't want to disable the firewall. If another firewall will work, I will use McAfee instead of Windows. I tried to disable both more or less to see if that was the problem. If I turn McAfee back on, that will certainly be enough, won't it?

The problem is, Windows isn't disabling. In one spot, it says disabled. (Where you actually disable it.) When you look under Windows Security in Control Panel, it shows that it is still on. It's like it won't let me turn it off. I think it is a software glitch.

yea, the object is to get ONE FW operational.

ALL firewalls install a service which must be AUTOMATICALLY started.
If it/they are STOPPED and then DISABLED, you can ignore any other verbage
as it/they can not run again.

So, go off line, disable the service, uninstall whatever you dislike, and
enable the one you want to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back