windows has been shut down to prevent further damage to your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lego_bug

anyway, hi. i needed to get straight through, so i didn't introduce myself.
my computer seems, well, dead.
heres the info.

When booted, the blue screen says:

windows has been shut down to prevent further damage to your computer.

something something PCI Bus Driver internal structure.

if this is your first time at this screen, restart your computer.

try to change bios settings, or go into safe mode, to reinstall or uninstall the driver...

and i can't get to safe mode because of my keyboard...

and, to top it all off, i don't have the recovery cd. my windows will be shut for good. if you know ANYTHING about my prob, please tell me.

-Lego Bug (forget the name, i just have it as my email.)

um... heres more info about when my computer still worked. don't know how it will help...

Windows XP Service Pack 2
Monitor: Compaq FS740
MotherBoard: Compaq Presario 5451

most drivers unfunctional, the floppy disk drive i got plugged in doesn't work,
along with my regular PS/2 Mouse and Keyboard ports.

the drivers say they need more "Resorces"

my computer is slow as some crappy computer, yet...
it could still function, until this point.

i had to get rid of a Ngsh36.exe, Ngsh36.exe.exe, SNgsh36.exe, and Adprot.exe adware blaster MYSELF, and boy, was it hard! i got to the System32 folder... and I went from there.

thats all i remember about my computer.

oh, and it has precious data on it, too... my poem... images from the old camera, and my mom's grandmom's image...

To Mr. Howard: i did not see the edit button at first. thank you very much for doing it for me.

I've seen this error occur because of Windows Update. I'm not clear on what update(s) are the cause, but I can tell you that you most likely won't get this fixed without access to the recovery console.

You need a Windows XP install disc to run recovery console. See if you can find one that's the same version as your own (XP Home retail cd for XP home, XP Pro OEM CD for XP Pro OEM.. etc). System Recovery, as detailed here, is probably the easiest way to deal with this issue... Recovery console might be an option if we can figure out exactly what's going on.

Do you have an clues as what was going on before this happened? Did you apply any updates? Maybe Windows automatically downloaded and installed some update sfor you? Perhaps you installed new software or made some system changes?

oh, no... i think i might of installed a driver by accident... and if all "Blank" breaks lose, i guess i am the one to blame.

(i had to say that. you can kill me for that, but i need my computer back...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back