windows help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alliance1911

ok the day vefore i got a app to remove duplicate and old registry and now something happend :S but i have a backup from another registry app i had called CCleaner but dont know how to load it it into registry, anyway with the other app it removed it and when it finished(this was at like 10pm) i decided to start up some torrents to download 2 of em and had irc open and when i came in the morning i got weird errors with BT and on irc it said something buffer like no room or something. and also i have win vista theme and when i tried to open another msstyles i got a dll missing UxTheme.dll was missing but i replaced that and i also got an error with notepad cause this file was missing but i aded that dll. but when on taskbar i got theme but when i open other windows like task manager and system properties it would look like windows 200 style.

You can load the Ccleaner reg backup into your registry, by right clicking on it and selecting merge. Then click yes.

Regards Howard :)

Wow, I would recommend for the next time that you create bullet points for each problem.
If you used CCleaner to create a registry backup all you have to do is right-click on the .REG file created and select ‘Merge…’ By default the file is saved in ‘My Documents’ folder.
When you get errors (with BT or IRC) you will have to write them down.
Common BT Errors
Are you using an application to load the themes?

ok now i got diff error damnit :( when i boot pc just before login screen shows up i get like lsass.exe can not load because UxTheme.dll is missing or corrupted, i also get this error with another service. when i login i get 3 more errors cause that file is not there. all it does when i login is a blank screen but i can get to task manager and ctrl+alt+del and thats about it. how can i fix this please.

ok, i did not do what you said but i downloaded that dll file from a website and in recovery console (cause i put it on usb) i did copy F:\UxTheme.dll C:\windows\system and when i logged back in it was fine, and i managed to install kaspersky anti-virus and i had to restart so it would accept registration, anyway i restarted and it seems sluggish, takes a long time to get to ctrl+alt+del and to go into windows and when i see taskbar its soooo slow i get that windows is working icon for the mouse when i go over the taskbar!!! anyway i can make it faster or any stuff that might fix this plz??? like through safe mode etc.... or something

ok i did a windows repair and when it rebooted i i get a black screen with half a page with 00110100110110011 all over and i dont wanna format so three must be another way!!! plz help me!!! i jus booted into linux and all the files of mine are there in c:\. plz help me

Take out your hard drive and connect it to another computer as slave.

Get your important data off, put it back into your computer and format.

try this one:
get a 98 floppy boot disk from www.bootdisk.com
start your pc with boot disk in the machine
after win98 comes up, enter fdisk
display partition(s) (if any)
delete partition(s)
create new partition
restart
format the hard disk
turn pc off
take win98 boot disk out
put xp cd in the cd rom drive
turn pc on
get into bios
go to boot sequence and choose "boot from cd first"
save bios, exit.
let xp install.

alidabiri said:
try this one:
get a 98 floppy boot disk from www.bootdisk.com
start your pc with boot disk in the machine
after win98 comes up, enter fdisk
display partition(s) (if any)
delete partition(s)
create new partition
restart
format the hard disk
turn pc off
take win98 boot disk out
put xp cd in the cd rom drive
turn pc on
get into bios
go to boot sequence and choose "boot from cd first"
save bios, exit.
let xp install.

I don`t think Alliance1911 would want to do that and lose all his data. That`s why I advised putting the hard drive in another computer and getting his data off first.

Also, there`s absolutly no need to use a 98 boot floppy. You can delete partitions/reformat etc, using the Windows cd.

howard_hopkinso said:
Take out your hard drive and connect it to another computer as slave.

Get your important data off, put it back into your computer and format.

the problem is that xp's format what not doesn't always work as promised.

alidabiri said:
the problem is that xp's format what not doesn't always work as promised.

I can`t say that I`ve ever had a problem with XP formatting a drive. However, maybe that`s just me.

ok, i dont want to do any of ur ideas lol cause everytime a serious error comes up and everyone says format it, i sent it to a pc repair shop for $50 and they get it fixed without a format or without registry changes or any settings gone or data. thats what i want to do here

You may well be able to send it into the pc shop and get it fixed. Whether it`ll get fixed with all your data intact remains to be seen.

The advantage the pc shop has over us, is they can actually get their hands on your computer.

In any case, just as a precaution. You should attempt to backup your important data.

Obviously it`s your call and your money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back