Windows Installer Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep having this error ><

"Error 1719: The Windows Installer service could not be accessed" error message when you try to add or remove a program

Error 1719. The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. You may be running in safe mode or Windows Installer may not be correctly installed.
(2nd one specifically)

I went to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315346 to solve the problem, yet, it still didn't help.

I've re-installed my Windows XP SP2 before because of this error (after I followed the way Microsoft told me). Still I get this problem.

I really have no idea what the problem is ><

I've re-installed the Windows like 3~4 weeks ago and this happens again ><

It did say that sometimes Microsoft Office 2003 is the cause of this, but I've used it before. Only thing I haven't done is updated it, which I've been updating it recently. Is it because I've updated the Microsoft Office?

Please help! I don't wanna use my CD-Key for my OS again ><

Thank you!

Thanks kitty^^

Though, I think I found the problem. I think its related to the Microsoft Office 2003 update.

And for some reason there was something in my Add/Remove program area. Something named Compatibility Database thing, which has the word Office in it. Stupidly I removed it because its hardly being used and its some kind of network program. After that, everything is back to normal! Praise the PC for that^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back