Windows installer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cazador31

I cannot get anything to install. The program i try to install for a short
time then i get a message saying to INSERT THE DISK. It tells me to insert
the disk that is already in. I have two drives and it happens in both of
them. . I need help here, as i cannot load software. I have done all that microsoft suggests to do.

XP Home
512 Ram

Is you copy of XP up to date from Microsoft. There have been a couple of changes to the installer software. You can do a search at Microsoft for deleting the Installer's Log to start a new one. This file can be corrupted by any number of things.

Installer problems

I tried copying the files to my hard drive and that did not work either. There must be some way to fix this short of reformatting.

Maybe I missed this .
Are you trying to install Windows and a message comes up asking for other files?
Or are you trying to install some other program and the window pops up looking for some files but the indicator shows the disk that is in the CD drive currently?

Installer problems

I am trying to install other files. No matter which drive i use i get the same message to insert the installer disk. That disk is already in there. It runs most of the way normally then it tells me to insert the disk. I even ejected the disk and put it back in, but still get the same message. It's very perplexing

Thank You

You should be able to click on the little diamond next to the disk that is listed . This will bring down Explorer and you can Browse to the files you want. Then just click O.K.

I do not think I am understnding you properly.If you could post a screen shot of your error window that would be great.

I can tell you what it says

INSTALL THE ROXIO 8 SUITE DISK 1--that disk is already in there when i get it.

Can the sound card cause problems? Soundblaster audigy 2zs

It does not sound as though the software is installed, so I do not think you could have a conflict at this point.
I still think you have a problem with the windows installer itself.Try a search at Microsoft. You will see that they have updated and recommend re-installation of the installer software.

Also, if you think there may be files from failed installs on your HDD and registry .Do a comeplete uninstallation including cleaning the registry , before you try to install again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back