Windows Live Messenger Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had both Windows Live Messenger, and Plus! for a while, but have only recently noticed this problem. Everytime I go to change my display name, it seems to change, but when I am in conversations after I change it, it remains the same. I have tried everything I can think of to try and fix this and I'm stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reinstall latest messenger and latest PLUS!..

I'm out of ideas..
although sometimes:
"changes you make will not appear on other PCs because of a connection problem"
perhaps a connection problem is what you're experiencing..

every problem with mesenger i have ever had, has been resolved by uninstalling and installing again. Also id like to make you aware that PLUSS has been identified as spyware/adware and (was picked up by some of the worst anti spyware programs) so i would recomend not using that but of corse it is you choice

Messenger Plus! comes with an optional sponsor, and if you install this sponsor then it will be picked up as adware/spyware. However, if you make sure you tick the "I refuse to give my support, do not install the sponsor" when you install it, you will be adware free! If you have already installed it, uninstall plus and then re-install it without the sponsor. So basically, Plus itself isn't adware, just the optional sponsor :)

yer but that is the point were you have to be carefull because if you look at the install log afterward you can see that even with the no box ticked it still installs some of the extra components eg gambaling and also there is an AOL one in there any how have you solved the probglem yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back