Windows Live Messenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vmm

I had download and then install New Windows Live Messanger 8.1.0178.00
some days before from microsoft.
After install and reboot I had seen that something had eaten 4gb of hard disk space on primary drive C. There was undeletable files on the drive.
Then I had to format Drive C: and install windows xp sp2 again and then explore the Install_Messenger file through winrar and then explore msnmsgs file. It have some files that also cannot deletable.
These files size are also upto 4gb...
What is this?????????????

Are you sure it is Live Messenger itself and not some malware (which you may have downloaded via Messenger)? Maybe take a look in the security and web section of our forums and try some malware detection/removal routines?

BTW "some files" is not a very helpful description!

If you want to check it. Please download and then explore it through WinRAR archiver and
then extract MsnMsgs (16mb) file to any where and
then explore this file again through winrar.exe and
you will see these unknown folders and one 2gb unknown file.
Remember not to extract this 2gb file from winrar towards hard disk because it is undelete or movable file.

Hum.. MSI files are not supported by WinRAR and you are not supposed to get any reasonable results when opening these files with WinRAR.

This time I need only a help..
The Help is to download latest Windows Live Messenger..
Plaese give me a link ..

My relatives are awaiting me for online video chat ....
Thanks

Uhm.. The link you posted above. What is wrong with that?

Download the .exe file and run it. Read the installation dialogs, click next, decide whether you want the extra bull**** spyware/bloatware or not, click finish.

Windows Live Messenger
I had download and then install New Windows Live Messanger 8.1.0178.00
some days before from microsoft.
After install and reboot I had seen that something had eaten 4gb of hard disk space on primary drive C. There was undeletable files on the drive.
Then I had to format Drive C: and install windows xp sp2 again and then explore the Install_Messenger file through winrar and then explore msnmsgs file. It have some files that also cannot deletable.
These files size are also upto 4gb...
What is this?????????????
ok I think there is no solution here..
I am contacting microsoft authorities now..bye

So.. There were big files on your computer and then you saw some big files when you used a random program on a random file and then you decided that these incidents are somehow linked?

And now you are going to call Microsoft and ask them how to install Live Messenger without running the installer program?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back