Windows Logon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herbster63

Hi All any help would be good save me from formatting:dead:
My friends computer now starts with a log on to windows startup which it didnt have when i fixed it for them last time :giddy: there kids all say no i didnt do anything i just turned it on and it was there , so was wondering if there was any way to get rid of it without having to flatten it

if there's an extra user account that's NOT named admin or anything like that then you can easily get rid of it from control panel under user accounts

unfortunatly not thanks dave just blank typed in administrator then it started to logoff thought great then it just came back to the logon screen again:(

ok that sounds weird

log on under your normal account and see what shows up in user accounts, or is that what you did?

Cant do anything soon as turn the computer on it goes to a logon to window box which i have never seen, normally its just the users account screen but it dont get that far my mates kids said they didnt change anything maybe they did or maybe a hack or virus or something they are on that msn all the time he says?Its like a company logon to a network
Thanks for your time dave just to lazy to format and save all there data:haha:

i think i see what you mean, is it that thing where you press ctrl + alt + del then type a username in?

sounds very very strange for it do do something like this, you could try doing a repair installation but i don't know if this deletes things like stuff in my documents, probably does

if you can get into the pc with somebody's normal logon (you'll have to type it in) then you could try a system restore

oh yeah and no worries, it's what i'm here for :D

thats just it there was no account logon, never made one when i installed it on there a year ago just turn it on and straight to desktop.
Just turned it back on has a all blue background with a box in the centre with log on to windows across the top, xp logo underneath and under that username
password
type in a username without a password it says logging off and saving settings then it looks like its going to boot the back to the box again if you type anything in the password box it just comes up with wrong username password got me stumped

i see, try logging on with the username Admin or Administrator and try it with no password or if that doesn't work then type password in the password box

it's impossible to have no user account otherwise you won't be able to get into xp ;) it would either be called admin or the name of the guy who owns the pc, you have to type a username in when you install xp (the part where it has like 5 single line text boxes) so it would be that

but try it with Admin or Administrator first and with/without Password and then see if you can remember what you typed into the boxes on installing xp

hopefully you can understand that lot :D

i don't know how you could make the pc to appear to be on a network without actually being on one so if nothing i just said work yo might just have to put the hdd as a slave in another pc and back up the files and format the drive :(

Thanks Dave had a blonde moment with the username:eek: but same as typing in admin says saving settings logging off then comes back to the same screen,
and thats what it looks like to me as if its logged to a network but it just a home pc oh well pull out the hard dive time:dead:
some one suggested on an old link a hack program which clears out usernames or cracks them but the link was dead any idea there?

i have no idea about that so yeah unfortunately it looks as though you'll have to take the drive out

sorry to give you the bad news, man :)

the pc probably has been infected so be careful when backing their stuff up
after copying everything over i'd recommend scanning it all with AVG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back