Windows Malware target!..Your alternate Choice??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyGuitar

First person who offers a basic bundle of browser, Email client, word processor and data base that is malware resistant for $49.95 is going to make LOTS of money.

Call me spoiled, but twice daily headlines like this are getting tiresome.
=================
Critical Word Vulnerability Uncovered
By Nate Mook, BetaNews
May 19, 2006, 5:47 PM
Security researchers have discovered a zero-day vulnerability in Microsoft Word, which is already being actively exploited by hackers in China and Taiwan. Microsoft's Security Response Center says it is working with antivirus vendors to prevent attacks and plans to release a security patch on June 13.
=================
Windows has certainly become THE target.

Mozilla is part way there.

They just need to add a W.P. and database that are bulletproof.

What is your idea of a RELIABLE alternate suite to Windows?

Billy Gates is doing his best to be nice to me, [the little guy], but he is too successful and thus a main target.

Need a low profile alternate so as not to waste so much time on cleaning malware.

I see a mess of unfinished possible alternates out there, Redhat, Ubuntu, Mac, Mozzilla, what would you choose?

I mostly do mostly, writing, Surfing, blogs, lite graphics and photo.
TG

Any Linux distro would work, it's only opinion that you will get in the replys to this thread.

I've only used Fedora4 and you could do all that from the first boot.
Open Office, Mozilla Firefox, The Gimp(photoshop pretty much) come installed.
Which are what you would be using for most of that. Now the only complications to using Linux would be setting up printers, and devices like digital cameras which can be quite a headache.

All Linux distros come with those i believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back