Windows Maximize Upon Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbit

I've been using Windows XP Professional and various earlier Windows releases on my personal computers, but I jut recently built a system for my boss at work and I installed Windows XP Home edition to save him some money.

One annoying thing I noticed that I don't seem to remember experiencing on my other computers is that whenever I open a folder in this new system with XP Home, it automatically opens each folder in the maximized view. This is very annoying because my client will have to hit the "restore down" button every time he opens a window so that he can drag and drop files into the various programs that he uses.

I haven't found a setting in Windows to turn off this default "maximize folders upon opening" feature. If I open a folder multiple times it eventually remembers that I like that particular folder opened in a non-maximized form, but when I open new folders or folders that haven't been opened before, it keeps this default maximized when open setting. (and we create new folders daily for various customer profiles, etc.)

Have I overlooked anything? Is there a setting in the registry I can change? Surely there is something that can be done!

--Stephen

In Explorer click on Tools/Folder Options/View tab. In there you can set/reset the folder options. Check if any customizations have been made, and undo those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back