Windows Me won't boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trying to install software for a dsl connection with the disc they had sent me......I didn't realize I didn't have the card to plug the phone wire into? I had been on dialup. When I came to that part of the installation, I just shut down the computer. now it won't boot! The tower seems to be on and working, but the moniter light just stays yellow and nothing happens! Just a black screen. HELP!!! What have I done? my computer know how is limited
Poopsy

the computer is a Dell...not homemade..but older and not under warranty. and when I turn on the tower I can hear noise like it is on? but it does nothing. It won't boot from the system installation disk either. I think there is something not quite right about the on/off switch on the tower....sometimes you have to hold it a second or two for it to turn on? Can a computer be "not all the way on"??? strange that it was working fine before I reached the part of the installation that said if I didn't have that card installed to shut down the computer....there was a shut down button on the screen and it turned off my computer....(never to boot again! :mad: )

May be time to take it to a repair shop... It's getting old and anything could have happened. It may just be a coincidence that your DSL install disk could have caused this... Those discs are really not necessary to use. They just load crap on any given system

I went ahead and physically installed the card.....(was trying to install software first?) after that the computer booted fine and put me back into the installation program?.....it would seem that it was hung in the middle of the "install"??? I had shut it down from "within" the installation process?
still seems strange. but it's working now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back