Windows ME won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys.. I'm having a little trouble. I'm running Windows ME on a Toshiba laptop that I believe has 120mb of ram and I was cleaning everything up and just got done running Ad-Aware and I rebooted and since then I cannot load windows. It just sits at the Windows ME loading screen and does not move. It doesn't boot into safe mode either. I have a windows ME boot disk and i tryed restoring registry, did a scandisk, but nothing seems to work. I have documents on there that I need and i can format right after I get them. I don't knwo what to do next and if you guys can provide me with some insite that would be terriffic, thanks a million in advance....!

-Nick

ok this is a shot in the dark. not sure if scanreg was included in win ME but it did exsist in 95/98..

you said you tried to repair the registry... how did you do this... did you use scanreg command?

if not give this a shot.

boot to windows 9x floppy boot disk. once at command prompt type

scanreg /restore
you should be prompted with a couple of dates in the box that comes up.
choose one that is dated before the problem started happening. note the dates.. you may not want to go to one that is extremely old because your programs may no longer function because it will restore a shapshot of the registry created on the date that you select...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back