WINDOWS MESSENGER NOT WORKING! Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

taicheng

MY windows messenger is no working. It comes up with an error code: 80048820 nad extended error code: 80048412. Some other things that I think are related to this problem are:
-My time will not synchronize...when I click "Update Now" "An error occured getting the status of the last synchronization. The RPG server is unavailable." I was trying to update with "time.windows.com" and "time.nist.gov" but both do not work.
-I also have a problem with this certificate thing...it keeps saying it has expired. I'll take some screenshots for you to look at and hopefully you can solve my problems. :)

Attachments

• certerror.JPG
    certerror.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 5
How long have these errors been happening? Have you installed or removed any programs or utilities recently?

Try downloading RegScrubXP and run it. It is a free utility that cleans your registry safely and it works very well. Do a Google Search to find it

Tmagic650 said:
How long have these errors been happening? Have you installed or removed any programs or utilities recently?

Try downloading RegScrubXP and run it. It is a free utility that cleans your registry safely and it works very well. Do a Google Search to find it
No clue...my dad did something to computer last week. thats when i couldnt use msn messenger anymore. used msn webmessenger. I fixed 20 poblems already...I can't do anymore...is there another program, and if so, how should i choose what errors to fix?

taicheng said:
No clue...my dad did something to computer last week. thats when i couldnt use msn messenger anymore. used msn webmessenger. I fixed 20 poblems already...I can't do anymore...is there another program, and if so, how should i choose what errors to fix?

I don't use Windows Messenger or MSN Messenger, I use Google Talk. Are you talking about using RegScrubXP? If so, fix all errors it finds. There is a script that will remove Messenger. You can Google for that too. Once messenger is removed, you may be able to reinstall it, so that it works correctly.

The invalid certificates are another matter... I have never delt with invalid certificates. Are you sure you don't have a virus or spyware infection?

Pretty sure my dad just deleted a lot of stuff he shouldn't have...and Reg.ScrubXP only allows me to fix 20 errors...after that, you have to pay 30$ for the full version -,-. I've already tried removing messenger and reinstallign 3 times now. All three times failed.

OK, I am pretty sure it has somehing to do with my firewall now...I tried the messenger error fixer and it says it has fixed it...but the error still pops up saying i should check my firewalls settings...could someone help me disable messenger from firewall?

The regscrubXP I'm using is freeware, make sure you are using that program and not a trial version of anything. What firewall are you using? In all the firewalls I have seen, you can create exceptions to allow programs to operate. Most firewalls will notify you of programs that they intend to block, and they will ask you if you want to block or unblock.

Here's a link to RegscrubXP freeware:

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Search/regscrubxp.html

I don't know, my firewall is the one supplied i tihnk? No lcue, because I don't haev a firewall icon, I have to go into network connections internet settings.

You are probably using the Windows XP native firewall. Are you running XP, SP2 fully updated, using Windows update?

Go into Control Panel, Security Center, Windows Firewall... select the Exceptions tab, and see if MSN Messenger or Windows Messenger is in the exceptions list. If it is not, add it

Your last screenie shows that you are in the wrong place... Those screenies are neat though... How do you create them?

Widows XP Pro, SP2?
F12, paint, select areas... no workie :(

I have Windows Firewall, and Security Center in my control panel... You don't. This tells me that you are running XP, SP1 only. Go into Control Panel, System and tell me what the screen says

Sure bazou..

You find the catergory.. by read what they are for, if you have a video card problem you would post in "Audio and Video" click the Audio Video link and it brings up a page.. then click up the top "New topic" give your topic a name like "My video card is being stupid" or what ever your problem is, than post your message under, wait a while for some one too answer.

Benan said:
is your windows corrupt?

Try formatting, make sure your discs are clean.. no smudges etc.

From taicheng last jpg of his control panel, it seems like his XP has not been upgraded to SP2 (Service Pack 2) I doubt if Windows is corrupt... taicheng would see many more troubles. XP can be "repaired" without formatting, although I prefer to FDISK and FORMAT when things are too bad :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back