Windows plans put on hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
The latest delays to Microsoft's "Longhorn" version of Windows mean many firms may have to tear up their own desktop upgrade strategies.

Microsoft has told firms to wait until next month for clarification of its roadmap for Windows, after the latest delays to the next release left firms unable to plan for the future.

Earlier this month Microsoft said it could no longer give a target date for Longhorn, the delayed successor to Windows 2000 that was initially due to ship this year. It now seems unlikely to arrive before 2006.

Read more: CNet News.

Listen to me... ALL OF YOU:

IGNORE MICROSOFT ROADMAPS.

They make them up on the spot. They are rubbish. Trust me, dig out an old computer magazine from years gone by and have a look, you just might find one.

In fact, there is probably a web site out there somewhere that pokes fun at how much of a lot of BS Microsoft roadmaps are.

There was meant to be a Windows 97, you know.

Oh, yes.

Indeed.

Get the picture?

oh cool maybe they should do a documentary on it.

OS wars
Episode 1: Longhorn the phantom menace

To quote one of the lazy B's in my office:

"It will get done when it gets down, and not before."

Microsoft will release Longhorn when its finished, and not before. Don't listen to a word they say about when it will be out, until the time that they are saying is under three months from the time then.

Microsoft DON'T EVEN KNOW THEMSELVES when its coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back