windows problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

18sx

i dont know how to explain my problem. i'll try my best anyways.

my windows xp wont start, and it went to safe mode chooser. u know like u press f8. i dont know how it got there.. and there is a sentences that said "we are apologies for inconvenience because windows cannot start due to recent system change. and it is everytime.

u know before this i did 1 thing..
i go to msconfig and untick some of the program that i do not recognize in the hope for my pc to start up faster.. but damn it..now the damn pc not even want to start...

please help me....!!! i dont have xp cd so cannot reformat and i dont want to..
could there be a way to fix my problem so i just can enter to windows and i'll set everything to default.

thanks in advanced

Give us your system specs. If you have a pre-built computer like a HP or Dell, your XP install/restore files will be on a separate partition of the C drive. If you built this system yourself, or had it built for you, you will have to get a XP install disc

err..a friend built it for me.. and my system specs is a low end pc for assignment purpose and i not even know that...

any things other then xp install disc? pleaseeeeee

At least, go into Control Panel, System and tell us what it says there. Get in touch with that "friend" and have him fix the system for you. I am a "friend" to a lot of computer users here where I live :)

tmagic650, i cant acces windows, so i cannot go to control panel..
my friends back to indonesia already..
so lost contact...
i think no body how to fixed my problem except with xp cd recovery...
hmmm....

anyone know where to download recovery console?

my problem start when i go to run, msconfig, startup, and i untick some of the program that i not recognized, and now the windows cannot starting up and always go to f8 screen mode.

is there any software that i can use to force my way into the windows.
or i can move the hdd to another computer. but what should i do after that?

PLEASE PLEASE pretty please...
i dont know my pc specs and i dont think it's matter in my case....

PLEASE PLEASE....

just have your friend re-build the PC for you again, sounds like XP has corrupted, not much you can do to fix that. Just takes to much time..

18sx's friend went back to Indonesia, so he has to find another local friend who is computer savvy, if he can

"I dont know my pc specs and I dont think it's matter in my case...."

18sx, you came there for help with your problem. You have the option to take our advice or not take our advice. You will have to get your hands on an XP CD and do a "repair" of XP to attempt to fix your problem. If you don't believe this fact... So be it

Tmagic650 said:
"I dont know my pc specs and I dont think it's matter in my case...."

18sx, you came there for help with your problem. You have the option to take our advice or not take our advice. You will have to get your hands on an XP CD and do a "repair" of XP to attempt to fix your problem. If you don't believe this fact... So be it

thanks tmagic650, ummm i found out how to fix my problem already!!!
i got my hand with xp cd and run the recovery console.
i typed:
copy c:\windows\system32\config\system c:\windows\tmp\system.bak

delete c:\windows\system32\config\system

copy c:\windows\repair\system c:\windows\system32\config\system

and boom, its got through to windows...without formatting...

i got this trick from my friend via sms...

tq anyway

"i got my hand with xp cd and run the recovery console"...

This is what you needed to do. Good Work :approve:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back