windows startup tune

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthew19

hi guys

is there anyway i can use my music as a startup tune for windows and if so how do i go about changing it

right ok i went on to Sounds and Audio Devices Properties and click on the sound tab and when i browsed to my document and my music there was nothing there so they has to be an alternative

anyone got anyother sugestions

Just a guess, but maybe the reason there was nothing there when you went to your music folder, is Windows requires the music clips it uses to be in the .wav format and not .mp3.

Regards Howard :)

Yes it can be done quite easily.

Download Foobar from HERE. Make sure you download the installer and save it to where you want. Double click the installer and Foobar will install.

Once you`ve installed Foobar, run the programme and click file/open and browse to where you keep your mp3 files. Click on the file you would like to convert and click open. This will place the file in Foobar. Right click on the file in foobars main window and select convert/convert to. It should already be set to wave. Click ok and Foobar will ask you where you want to save the file. Once you`ve chosen a location for the file click save. The file will be converted to the .wav format.

Hope this helps.

howard_hopkinso said:
Just a guess, but maybe the reason there was nothing there when you went to your music folder, is Windows requires the music clips it uses to be in the .wav format and not .mp3.

Ah yes.. i forgot about that :D gotta love uncompressed.

make sure your song isn't too long.. for some obvious reasons..

Thank you a lot Howard. I'll check it out, because I don't like that damn Windows XP startup tune, and that damn shutdown tune.

Actually the wav files used for the startup and shutdown (as well as all the other sounds) are located in the Media folder under Windows. There should be alternatives there already but maybe you won't like them either.

No, I don't, but I can get another cool sounds, and if they're mp3, now I can convert them to .wav , thanks to Foobar :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back