Windows stuck at the Running bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

fl3x

I recently updated my old chipset drivers, in order to play games with Pb on it. When i restart it is stuck on the Windows loading screen. Why can't i update my chipset drivers? It worked before.
PC Specs athlon 64 bit 3200
80 gig hd
nividia 6600 pci express 128mb
xp home edition sp2

try entering the bios and setting everything to default settings, save and then exit. you can also try bootign into safe mode and try uninstalling the chipset drivers then reboot.

I would uninstall the drivrs in safe mode and reboot, letting windows install it's generic drivers and then see what happens. is this a Nforce chipset?

ok now it worked, but now what happens is when i install a program such as nero and msn messenger it is stuck on that loading screen. And i cannot boot to safe mode cuz it only restarts my pc. The screen that appears is WINDOWS HAS NOT SHUT DOWN PROPERLY and gives me options to boot normally or safe mode or last config. I have tried all of them where none of them work. Is a full reinstall inevitable?????

a friend of mines said my HD could be corrupted???i got my suff partitioned but would i hav to delete both partitions???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back