Windows System Crash (BSOD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

For the longest part of a couple of months now, my computer blue screens almost everyday. I am pretty certain that it is because of either faulty RAM (memtest and Windows Memory Diagnostic tests always fail) or the NVIDIA GeForce MX4000 video card (onboard) on my system.

I am attaching the "BugCheckCodes" of the last 12-13 crashes. Here are the codes:
BugCheckCode 00000019
BugCheckCode 1000000a
BugCheckCode 10000050
BugCheckCode 1000000a
BugCheckCode 00000019
BugCheckCode 10000050
BugCheckCode 1000000a
BugCheckCode 1000008e
BugCheckCode 10000050
BugCheckCode 1000000a
BugCheckCode 1000008e
BugCheckCode 1000000a

I would really appreciate if someone could help me understand what these bugcheck codes mean and more importantly, what device driver causes these crashes. I can provide more info in terms of the memory dump files, if the need arises.

All and any help is really appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanx for your reply. Can I be certain that it is faulty RAM?
I have 4*512 MB (total of 2 GB RAM) RAM chips - other than swapping and changing, is there any way of finding out which RAM chip is faulty?

Take out a memory stick. If your windows does not crash, the removed memory stick is faulty.

hEY cpc2004...

thanx for ur advice. i must admit that about the only way to find out which ram stick is faulty is a tedious process...stick one out, wait for a bsod and try and figure out what the fault is and i have been lazy about it....

to be honest, i was trying to find out if there is a way to find out which stick is bad based on the bug check codes .....

i have tried memtest, windows memory diagnostic, windows debugger (with all the symbol files), dumpchk.exe and all of these suggest that there is definitely sthg wrong with a device driver - i just wanna confirm its RAM and not the NVIDIA video card.....

in the meantime, i just took out one stick out of the 4 I have and will now run the computer for a few days...see what's gonna happen and let u know....that may help everyone in figuring out stuff for the future.....the trouble is, these BSOD's stopped for a fortnight and then started again .... i cant exactly reproduce the problem, so all i will have to do is wait n watch.....

i had a similar problem as u have..

i had 2*512 dual kit and i was getting many random BSODs and asked Techspot Staff to solve the problem and i followed CPC2004's directions than discovered that one of the stick damaged..

u should always trust experienced members like CPC

die_nadel said:
hEY cpc2004...

thanx for ur advice. i must admit that about the only way to find out which ram stick is faulty is a tedious process...stick one out, wait for a bsod and try and figure out what the fault is and i have been lazy about it....

to be honest, i was trying to find out if there is a way to find out which stick is bad based on the bug check codes .....

i have tried memtest, windows memory diagnostic, windows debugger (with all the symbol files), dumpchk.exe and all of these suggest that there is definitely sthg wrong with a device driver - i just wanna confirm its RAM and not the NVIDIA video card.....

in the meantime, i just took out one stick out of the 4 I have and will now run the computer for a few days...see what's gonna happen and let u know....that may help everyone in figuring out stuff for the future.....the trouble is, these BSOD's stopped for a fortnight and then started again .... i cant exactly reproduce the problem, so all i will have to do is wait n watch.....

Memtest only reports your ram is healthy or not. Memtest executes an environment and it is impossible for memtest to report which windows driver is in error. Can memtest tell you which memory stick is faulty? The easiest way to diagnostic your problem by taking memory stick one by one. Take your PC to hardware shop is the simplest way to fix the problem if you feel this is tedious to do memory trouble shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back