Windows Update Error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malice

After upgrading from XP Home to XP Professional(which didn't go too smoothly, there were several file copy errors during installation) I can now not perform Windows Update. The error I'm getting is 0x8007043B. I've looked it up and have tried many of the suggestions that have been posted all over, most have not worked but there is one I've yet to try and that is this:

1. Click Start
2. Choose Run
3. In the Run box, type REGEDIT
4. Click OK

The Registry Editor opens.
*WARNING*
Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

5. Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\SvcHost

6. Double-click to open the netsvcs key
7. Under Value Data
8. Add BITS and WUAUSERV to the list of services
9. Click OK
10. Exit the registry
11. Restart the system

Should I do this, would it help? And exactly how do I go about doing it? I've looked at this folder in the registry and these values are not there but I don't know where "Value Data" is.

Open regedit,click on Edit on the toolbar,click Find,then paste or write netsvcs into the box.

That will take you straight to the key.Double click(or right click) that key,then add the two words you

mentioned in the box.I can`t promise it will solve the update problem.

Have you tried Automatic updates as well as the Windows update site ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back