Windows Update (XPSP2) Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

forumq

I had to repair install, xp with my recovery disc, after being infected by a mal. exe. I knew that I would lose all of my OS updates, but now windows update doesn't want to work at all anymore, Im stuck with the standard (unupdated) version. Although I get notified that there are updates available, it is only "Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1", after hopefully installed, It always gives the message that the following update can't be installed. Ive also tried to manually download and install IE7 but that also doesn't want to work (same with MP11).
I also end up at the same spot when I use windows update from the browser.
Could someone help me out, with this one? Thx
Ask me if you need more details.

Sorry but that window help article doesn't quite apply to me since I don't have the entry "0x800700B6 The Windows Update ActiveX Control is not the right version." present in my windows update log.

Is XP, SP2 activated? Have you tried a google search for this problem? I came across a lot of possibilities... Maybe you can sort them out

In what sense do you mean is SP2 activated? yes system was activated. Concerning the possibilities... just post some/them pls if you could :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back