Windows Vista Event viewer error ID 1003 and 5612

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a new HP Pavilion M7747C running Vista Home Premium. This s my first Vista computer. I had this maybe a month and everything was fin and I got my first Blue screen crash. WHen it recovered I noticed a lot of errors in the event viewer but not at the beginning. They only started the last few weeks. I decided to justdo a system recover and brought my stem back to factory startup. The event errors are continuing. Every 15 minutes I get "Windows Management Instrumentation has stopped WMIPRVSE.EXE because a quota reached a warning value. Quota: HandleCount Value: 4473 Maximum value: 4096 WMIPRVSE PID: 5004" which is the WMI - source and event ID of 5612. Right after that I get "Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 001A921EE085. The following error occurred:
The operation was canceled by the user.. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server. DHCP-Client source and event ID 1003. Every 15 minutes 24 by 7...hundreds of these errors. It hasn't crashed and I get no popup boxes and if I wouldn't loog at the event viewer logs, I wouldn't know something might be wrong. I have searched Google to no avail on either of these errors. SHould I just not worry about them??

What have you done with your warranty tech support people so far?
Forget the Event Viewer logs. They will only confuse the situation.
Run memtest86 for four hours to start, then look at other hardware.
I assume you are running a number of spyware and virus scans as well.
You may have cable or DSL connection errors. Download and run www.internetfrog.com to test the speeds uploading and downloading.

Put each of those error ID's into a search at the Microsoft Knowledge base. There is good information there on both those error ID's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back