Windows VISTA is so nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRunyon

Windows VISTA is so nice. I love it.

I'm running it on my current computer... a Dell Dimension 4100 with a 1GHz Pentium 3, 512mb of ram, and my ATI Radeon 9200. It runs flawlessly smooth and everything just looks excellent. I cant wait to build my new computer and see how it runs!

The Aero desktop goes crazy every time I quit playing any 3D game. I haven't found a quick way to restart the video driver, so either I have to use the "Basic" interface (or classic) or restart after every game.

I also can't use ReadyBoost with my ramdisk, and with my USB stick it says it's not adequate for the task (or something along those lines).

In addition, there's too little room for customizing for my liking (can't choose any components when installing, for example). I can't even choose the window colors for Aero Basic!

I'm not impressed at all.

Not any good for gaming? Thats what I was just thinking. Windows VISTA takes up 374mb of my 512mb of memory already. I cant imagine having to play games with that. I hope they made it so Windows basically shuts itself down while gaming... otherwise I'm sticking to XP.

I also cant seem to get the right driver for my video card. I can tell when the right driver isnt installed because windows jump around when I move and resize them, and websites lag when scrolling. That happened in XP but its also happening here in VISTA so I'm guessing I have the same problem.

It's probably just because of chipset or video drivers aren't fully compatible with it yet.

I'm not worried about RAM usage because 1) the memory is there to be used, having free RAM would be a waste, 2) I have enough of memory at the moment.

Besides, you can reduce the initial memory usage by stopping unnecessary services etc. I guess you know the drill.

I dont think my video card is compatable either. My 9200 lags from time to time just doing simple tasks like running WMP and resizeing windows.

Anyone know where I can find a Vista driver for my Radeon 9200?

GRunyon said:
I dont think my video card is compatable either. My 9200 lags from time to time just doing simple tasks like running WMP and resizeing windows.

Anyone know where I can find a Vista driver for my Radeon 9200?

I would run this toll from ATI. It will let you know if your VC is OK for Vista. What build are you running?

Run ATI’s Vista Readiness Assessment Tool

The link below show ATI products that are Vista ready.

http://www.ati.com/technology/windowsvista/Products.html

Drivers

Catalyst Beta Driver for Windows Vista RC1

Catalyst Beta Driver for Windows Vista RC1

I looked at those. Didnt download it because the 9200 wasnt listed in the supported cards.

attachment.php

change the priority of dwn.exe can help u when u r playing game .

Try it....

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 21
Hello! Hey I want to try Vista!!! how?? I heard it's no longer available for download, anyone knows where to download? Thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back