Windows Vista not resuming from "sleep"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xcape

Loving Vista for now (although sometimes it boots with Aero Gass enabled and sometimes not).

This new Sleep is not working properly on my system. My board is an Asus P4P800-E Deluxe Socket 478 .

I belive that its a problem with the board and bios settings rather than an OS problem. My board has the latest bios (although its dated 2005!)

I think it has to do with S3 and the video re-post settings.

If video repost is off, it goes to sleep but when resumed, the screens never come on, amber on both monitors. (ATI X850 PRO AGP running 2 DELL 17's LCD)

If video re-post is on, as soon as the computer goes to sleep it resumes instantly. I have to shutdown Windows every time.

im not surprised about vista not returning from sleep, when i tested vista, i was unable to use my keyboard after it went to sleep, also sometimes i was unable to wake it up either, its important however to remember as AMDIsTheBest010 said, it is still just a BETA

There are several issues I've seen about waking back up.

First thing I'd try would be updating video card drivers.

After that I would set it to turn monitors off after 30 minutes or however long you want, maybe do the same with hard drives but set that higher or to none. And then set the computer so it never goes to sleep. I'm always skeptical of having hard drives and really the whole system waking up from being cold all the time.

The sleep I reffer to is when the power button is pressed and Vista goes into the new sleep/hibernation mode, not from being idle.

Same stuff happens Xcape when you let it just idle for a while, Vista and XP (98 and 2000 too, hell maybe 95 and NT4) will by default put your computer into that 'sleep/hibernation mode' after some time. You need to tell it not to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back